It’s World Water Day – a very big deal here for Eddy. As a company committed to protecting people and property against water damage, Eddy has introduced technology that reduces overall water consumption. Hence on World Water Day – an international day that brings awareness to the significant need for water and the areas of the world where water is in shockingly low supply, we at Eddy step up to celebrate – in our own Eddy way.
Many of us are blissfully unaware that a substantial portion of our domestic water supply is used for food production. The foods that we love – like beef, burgers, and the coffee we drink every day – take a lot of water to get to us. In fact:
• A single burger takes 1,300 litres of water to get to your plate
• A mere ounce of chocolate takes 750 litres of water to make
• Your small daily cup of coffee takes 125 litres, and many of us average several cups per day!
• A 6-ounce serving of chicken takes nearly 900 litres of water
• Your delicious and juicy 6-ounce steak takes a whopping 2,500 litres of water to make it to your table. That’s the worst water offender on our list.
So, in honour of World Water Day, we challenged our team to eat ‘Seagan’ – a vegan + seafood diet for one day to reduce our water consumption by up to 5,000 litres each!
By eating Seagan for just one day and avoiding chocolate, coffee, and wine, each person can save up to 5,000 liters of water! How much is that?
• Give 10,000 people a glass of water
• Take 77 showers
• Take 62 baths
• Power a household’s regular water use for 8 days
• Completely fill two medium sized hot tubs
While we at Eddy do not advocate for a particular diet (we have Vegans, Vegetarians, fish and meat eaters among our team), there’s no denying that eating a little more ‘water conscious’ can seriously make a dent in our water footprint!
Eddy Solutions is an industry leader in leak protection and water monitoring solutions. Our suite of smart products offers a comprehensive water management system for building operators and homeowners that protects, controls, and conserves water. Our products have saved thousands of customers millions of dollars in damages and millions of litres of water waste by continuously monitoring water usage in their properties. For more details, please contact us at 1 877 388 3339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.